When Mary turned 6 she was so excited to have her birthday party at Main Event with Littlest Pet Shop theme. Extreme excitement. We did a trial run before to make sure she could handle the sounds and rules of the game and she loved it.
Day comes and family and friends all meet at the bowling alley. Mark carries the cake while I'm carrying all the supplies.
For some reason Main Event has those car bumper things by the front of the building, even though there's no parking there. Mary is leading the pack to the front door, talking a mile a minute to Mark's mom. Then me then mark and his dad with Spencer.
Mark doesn't see the car curb, trips, tries to save the cake, face plants into the brick wall of the drive thru entrance, bounces off, drops the cake, lands on his back banging he back of his head on the concrete.
Impressive no? It helps visualizing it if you picture a cartoon character doing it. Very similar.
I drop everything and try to wake him up. The stars and birdies are swirling above his head. Mark's mom takes the kids inside. Mark's dad and I talk to Mark. Some of the most memorable Mark questions were: "Where am I?" "Did I mess up the cake?" "Am I bleeding again?"
My coworker who has a little girl the same age goes down the street and buys MG a new cake. We clean up Mark, put some ice on it and Party On! I thought she had a blast. Full of giggles.
So this year I ask Mary where she wants her party thinking she would say movie theater, roller rink, build a bear.... Something like that.
Nope- Main Event! Littlest Pet Shop theme.
When I asked what kind of cake she said she wanted the exact one from last year. You know, the one dad smashed with his face. I just about died laughing.
She has informed Mark that he is not to carry her cake ever again! I'm sure she will supervise his entry into the building too!
So this is why we are doing the 2nd annual Main Event birthday party. Mary wants it perfect and Mark doesn't remember it anyhow!
Are you getting sick of the Mark injury stories? I'm just getting started!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment